The script is finding strings in the primary text of the module artifacts and replaces them either with pictures or with the artifacts of your choice. The embedded artifacts and pictures can also be automatically linked (via base artifact) with a link of your choice.
Explanation and features
- Ability to embed artifacts into the primary text of another artifact
- Ability to embed pictures into the primary text of another artifact
- Ability to link embedded artifact/pictures based on customer's choice
Explanation of version 1:
- Request was to replace each "figure" with picture and "ref" with artifact
- This was all done by searching pictures in 3 folders with specific attributes that match each "figure" or "ref"
- The script then finds each picture and artifact, embeds it and creates "Embeds" base link
Explanation of version 2:
- Request was to embed "RV", which are artifacts, from one module to another
- User collects all "RV"s in first module using button Collect RV, then clicking Embed button in second module
- This has worked based on custom attributes aswell as creating base artifact link "Embeds"
- The script cannot be executed outside of the module
How to use this extension
- Open Module in Doors NG Component
- After opening, a button appears. Upon clicking on it, the script will do all the work.
This add-on is free of charge for customers who purchased the IBM Jazz solution via Softacus.
Please contact us if you need a different arrangement.
Contact us, Support, Modifications
Also, we are providing custom modifications for our customers. Every Softacus DNG Extension can be modified based on your needs or requirements. We are looking forward to developing a solution for you.