Split and Join IBM ERM DOORS Next extension was developed by IBM and providing you the possibilities to split or merge artifacts content. the artifact content must contain at least two paragraphs.
This extension splits a artifacts in DOORS NG Module into several smaller artifacts. This extension also joins several selected artifacts together.
Problem to solve
This extension is mainly used when a user needs to quickly join or split artifacts in few clicks. This is often after the import of the data from Word into the DNG Module
The join function is often needed after import of artifacts into DNG from a Word or text document. The artifacts (i.e. Information) would often be imported as several artifacts and often user would like to join several artifacts into one single artifact
When your text contains 2 or more requirements, you would like to split them in order to assign specific attributes and link to each of these requirements. This extension helps you to divide several sentences which are together in one artifact, into several single artifacts with single sentences.
Currently, the join function works in a way where it is important to notice which artifacts you select and in which order.
- Open Module
- Mark a single artifact, which shall be to be divided into several artifacts. This artifact should have several paragraphs
- Select delimiter
- Paragraph - this means after every "Enter" the artifact will be split
- Bullet list - this means after every "Bullet point <li>" the artifact will be split
- Numbered List - this means after every "Numbered line <li>" the artifact will be split
- Click Split Button
Result: Artifact is divided into several smaller artifacts of the same type.
- Open Module
- Mark several artifacts, which shall be to be joined into a single artifact. It is important to notice the sequence of your clicks.. The artifact will be joined in the sequence of your clicks. If you want to keep the current sequence, then click in the vertical sequence.
- Click Join Button
Result: Artifacts are joined into single artifact. The first clicked artifact is enhanced, and the other artifacts are deleted. Sequence is according to user clicks.
Display text preview, so user know how this artifact will look like after the action
Artifacts shall be joined in the same sequence as they are in the module even if the creation modification date is not in sequence AND even if user did not click the items in the proper order
After merge the sequence of artifacts must be the same as before merge.
This add-on is free of charge for customers who purchased the IBM Jazz solution via Softacus.
Please contact us if you need a different arrangement.
Contact us, Support, Modifications
Also, we are providing custom modifications for our customers. Every Softacus DNG Extension can be modified based on your needs or requirements. We are looking forward to developing a solution for you.