Displaying items by tag: Integration
With the integration of Cadence vManager and IBM DOORS teams using these tools will have a single source of truth. This brings much-needed transparency and collaboration in the ecosystem and enables each team to independently take decisions based on all available data with full context. The integration of vManager and IBM Doors allows the teams to focus on their core tasks and not worry about manually transferring the data.
- Verification with enhanced traceability and planning
- Real-time visibility into the actual development of each entity
- Real-time visibility for all the changes and updates
- Improved productivity due to real-time exchange of information between the two teams
- Complete traceability across both systems
- Helps verification teams focus on writing verification tests based on the latest requirements without changing their Cadence vManager user experience
- Enables real-time exchange of information, such as verification of goals, requirements, implementation of verification, and change requests
- Maintains bidirectional sync to update changes and results from Cadence vManager to IBM DOORS and vice versa
- Enables real-time visibility into the development of each entity and its verification
- Decreases effort leakage by avoiding stale requirement records
- Cadence vManager integrates with IBM DOORS bidirectionally
- The synchronization ensures all historical and current data is available to users in real-time in their preferred environment with full context
- All work items from Cadence vManager sync automatically to IBM DOORS, and all requirement entities and details synchronize back to Cadence vManager from IBM DOORS
- All the information you need in real-time in your preferred tool. No manual dependencies or human errors
EWM/JIRA Integration Adapter is multi-component software that provides on-fly synchronization of data between IBM Engineering Workflow Management and Atlassian JIRA systems. The solution is very flexible and can be adapted for almost any system with out-of-the-box or custom realizations.
The data exchange is based on the exchange by sync messages. The source system produces such messages as a result of user actions and the integrated system imports the messages making necessary data transformations and updates within. EWM/JIRA Integration Adapter is software that brings data exchange capabilities to the systems.
You can integrate systems in a one-to-many way. The simplest case when two systems can be synchronized. As well as a single system can be synchronized with several others when any data change will be processed for one or for a number of linked systems.
IBM Rational Quality Manager is a collaborative, web-based, quality management solution that offers comprehensive test planning and test asset management from requirements to defects. The Jazz platform enables teams to seamlessly share information. It uses automation to speed project schedules and report on metrics for informed release decisions. It can also be purchased as part of the Collaborative Lifecycle Management solution—a set of seamlessly integrated tools: IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM Rational Quality Manager, and IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation.
Rational Quality Manager works with requirements in IBM Rational DOORS Next Generation to keep test cases in sync whenever requirements evolve. Rational Quality Manager also integrates with a wide range of test automation tools like IBM Rational Functional Tester, enabling you to run tests and collect results, all from a central location.
But when we will take a look at embedded software development, we will find big specifics because it's used on machines and devices that are not typically thought of as computers. Usually, this kind of software is specialized for the particular hardware that it runs on and has time and memory constraints. It can be exactly described that no or not all functions of such software are initiated/controlled via a human interface, but through machine-interfaces instead. We can point to such similar devices as cars, phones, modems, robots, toys, security systems, pacemakers, TV sets, digital watches, various medical devices, etc. This software can be very simple, such as lighting controls running on an 8-bit microcontroller with a few kilobytes of memory, or can become very sophisticated in solutions such as airplanes, missiles, and process control systems.
IBM Rational Quality Manager supports reliable and flexible integration with testing systems from National Instruments specially designed for use in embedded software development. National Instruments (NI) Test Integration Adapter for IBM Rational Quality Manager software enhances test engineer teams' efficiency by automating NI TestStand sequence execution and reporting from Rational Quality Manager.
Engineering departments create increasingly complex products, and as a result, automobiles, aircraft, medical devices, consumer electronics, and more depend on software driving the hardware components. IBM Rational software and National Instruments integrate development and test environments to help clients with their most important goals:
- Test the code of smart products, which might have hundreds of thousands or millions of lines of code, for defects.
- Reduce the cost of code defects by identifying them earlier in the development process.
- Mitigate increasing product complexity by tackling quality challenges earlier in the development process.
- Improve efficiency by breaking down the tasks between engineering departments.
Combining Rational Quality Manager software and National Instruments (NI) TestStand provides comprehensive test case traceability, test case results management, and automated test scheduling and execution. Test results are made available to all teams so that applications can be validated at virtually every point along the development path, from simulation and prototyping, through deployment onto hardware, and integration into the end system. Both operational efficiency and test accuracy can be improved through the ability to reuse test components throughout multiple project phases and even on different projects.
A specially designed piece of software - the NI Test Integration Adapter for Rational Quality Manager software - provides integration between NI TestStand and Rational Quality Manager. This integration product includes the following main features and functions:
The requirement to test traceability: Test engineers can use the integration to link automated tests to test cases and to requirements. NI TestStand applications (and by extension all the code modules called) and parameter files on the test machine are linked to a Rational Quality Manager test case that provides traceability to other project aspects including requirements, overall quality plan, project plan, change-defect management system, and so on.
Test automation: From the web-based interface of Rational Quality Manager, test engineers can invoke the execution of the NI TestStand applications that are linked to the Rational Quality Manager test case. The execution status reported by the NI TestStand sequence is displayed in the Rational Quality Manager web interface as part of the test case execution results. Test engineers can then optionally create defects linked to the test case results to keep track of noncompliance detected by running the test.
Test case results management: Upon completion of the NI TestStand sequence, various outputs from the sequence are automatically published to Rational Quality Manager storage and an HTML report is linked to the Rational Quality Manager test case execution result page. The HTML report is created by this software product on the local machine and the details of the report content as well as what is stored in IBM JazzTM are configured by the user.
Excellent video about the integration of modeling, requirements, and testing software development areas into the whole software development process with solutions from IBM and National Instruments.