Displaying items by tag: requirements management
This is session 1 of 7 that covers the IBM ELM tool suite.
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) is the leading platform for today’s complex product and software development. ELM extends the functionality of standard ALM tools, providing an integrated, end-to-end solution that offers full transparency and traceability across all engineering data. From requirements through testing and deployment, ELM optimizes collaboration and communication across all stakeholders, improving decision- making, productivity and overall product quality.
Presented by: Jim Herron of Island Training
You’re invited to join IBM thought leaders and experts to learn how today’s most innovative companies are adopting holistic development processes to stay competitive, become more agile, improve productivity and quality, and increase development efficiency.
Date: Thursday, May 5 th at 3pm CET
- Drive engineering excellence for sustainable public infrastructure
- Streamline engineering complexity in regulated industries
- Remove data silos across the engineering lifecycle using digital threads
This extension allows users to compare the current module with modules from other configurations. The script will display changes of sections, attributes, or changed links. Upon generating, you can also click on an artifact which will take you to the artifact in your current configuration.
This extension is intended for very quick comparison of your module against another configuration, usually stream against previous version (baseline).
Problem to solve
This extension allows users to compare the current module with the same module in another other configurations. Default configuration is the last baseline of the current stream. The script will quickly display which artifacts have changed. Blue color means changed, yellow means new artifact and grey with red strike through means deleted artifact.
Show only changes
Per default, the extension show only the changed artifacts, including their Heading parents and siblings. This was done in order to show changes also for very big modules with very few changes. If you want to show the whole module explorer tree, then click on Expand button
Expand Button (+) allows you to expand the entire module with all changes. Due the very big sizes of sime modules the sctions with no changes are shown but collapsed. This allows user to expand it manually, but there is no need to do that due to no change in the chapter.
Collapse Button (-) allows you to shown only the parts of the module with changes. You will se also unchanged Parent Heading in order to be able to identify the sections where the changes has been done
Jump to Artifact
The user has the ability to click on any artifact in the CMC Widget , and this will show and highlight the relevant section in the module.
This Button allows you to open DNG native comparison of the configurations. The adavantage is that you can do it with 1 click instead of 8-10 clicks which would be required to get to this comparison. Full compare screen will also allow you to see changed links. CMC widget does copare only textual changes due to the fact that link changes on artifacts do not change the "Modified On" attribute.
Rich Text Direct Compare
The changed Primary text can be compared directly in the widget without initialting "Full Compare". If there afre no changes shown, this means that some other attribute than "Primary Text" was changed in the artifact.
Explanation and features
- The script cannot be executed outside the module
- The links in the module are not color coded in the Extension and are compared only "Full Compare" view
- The script does not work in changeset (yet)
How to use this extension
- Open Module in Doors NG Component
- Upon opening, a dropdown will append where you can choose which configuration to compare
- After clicking the button, the script will then look for all changes and will print them out.
How Comparison Works
1) User is in a stream (local or gc) - default comparison is with the last baseline
1) User is in a baseline (local or gc) - default comparison is with the initial stream
This add-on is free of charge for customers who purchased the IBM Jazz solution via Softacus.
Please contact us if you need a different arrangement.
Contact us, Support, Modifications
Also, we are providing custom modifications for our customers. Every Softacus DNG Extension can be modified based on your needs or requirements. We are looking forward to developing a solution for you.
Duration: 8-16 hours
IBM Jazz Team Server: V 6.0.6+ and V 7.0+
Type: Instructor-led Classroom
Duration: 8-16 hours
Location: remote or onsite
Language: English, Slovak, Czech
Audience: This course is designed for system administrators, enterprise architects, application managers, database managers, and integration engineers.
Prerequisites: Nice-to-have experience (not mandatory)
- Windows Server and Linux administration
- Software installation and configuration
- Database administration (DB2, Oracle, MSSQL)
- Application server administration
- Application monitoring and troubleshooting
- LDAP authentication
- A reverse proxy server configuration
- SSL certificates
IBM Rational CLM that was recently renamed to IBM ELM since version 7.0+, (IBM Jazz Platform) consists of several interconnected components. The architecture of this platform is complex and it is based on many different technologies. This course provides you with a deeper insight into the architecture of the IBM Jazz platform and its components and integrated applications.
- Jazz Team Server
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (Rational Team Concert)
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (Rational DOORS Next Generation)
- IBM Engineering Test Management (Rational Quality Manager)
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Design Manager (Rational Rhapsody Design Manager) - No longer developed, latest version is 188.8.131.52.
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Model Manager (Rational Rhapsody Model Manager) - From version 7.0+ installed as an extension to EWM.
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager)
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (Rational Publishing Engine Web)
And supporting applications like
- Jazz Reporting Service (Report Builder)
- Global Configuration Management
- Lifecycle Query Engine
- Data Collection Component
- Link Index Provider
- IBM Rational Method Composer WAR files
- Other 3rd Party application
This course gives you knowledge and skills in the installation and configuration of the IBM ELM platform. It also provides you with an insight into the maintenance and upgrade of the system and explains how to troubleshoot raised problems within the platform.
You learn how are the applications connected with each other and how to manage user authentification, authorization, and licensing options.
The creation and connection to the database is explained. The course showcases a deployment of the IBM ELM in the standard environment that consists of a DB2 database and WebSphere Liberty application server.
After completing this course, you are able to:
- Understand the architecture of the Jazz platform
- Understand the purpose of each ELM application
- Understand different deployment topologies and their benefits
- Create databases for each application
- Install ELM applications using IBM Installation Manager on both Windows and Linux servers
- Configure different authentication methods (Basic User Registry and LDAP)
- Understand different licensing options and their benefits
- Understand the difference between license deployments
- Set up licensing server, obtain and import licenses
- Connect data sources to reporting application and deploy pre-defined reports
- Create users and set up user roles and licenses
- Troubleshoot applications - log analysis
- Upgrading to new iFixes (same version updates)
- Upgrading to new platform versions
- Tune the performance (JVM)
- Open IBM case in order to solve problems and further questions
Further, We include our "best practices" which we have developed during our installations for various clients, and answer all the questions you might have during the presentation.
Companies use many different environments and technologies which their infrastructure and system administrators are used. We understand this and We are able to adapt this course based on these technologies and the needs of our clients. If you have any questions or any special requests, please feel free to contact us in order to discuss your proposal.
Contact us to get customized offer for your team. Upon discussion, we can learn you process and include important elements and terms known to your team into the training program.
The purpose of this article is to make an overview of options you have when you have a need for reuse of artifacts like requirements, specifications, contracts or event full lifecycle management projects in IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Platform (IBM Jazz).
This article will be improved several times but the intention is not to describe everything since this is done in the consulting engagement.