This extension allows you to create a Link between two artifacts in DNG according to certain rules. You can specify rules that take into account the following parameters: Types of linked artifacts, Link type, Artifact placement.
Explanation and features
- You can specify rules that take into account the following parameters: Types of linked artifacts, Link type, Artifact placement. Artifacts in DNG can be in multiple modules at the same time or in folders (basic form).
- The information about the linking rules is taken from a specifically configured artifact, making them easy to change for a specific project. It allows you to create many rules in a short time.
- You can select artifacts through the DNG interface or through the widget dialog boxes as you like.
- The system will prompt you with messages and help you even if you are wrong.
- The creation of a link is supported only between two artifacts at a time
How to use this extension
- Open Module (for Module Links) or Folder (for Base Links) in DOORS NG
- Add the Addon into your Mini Dashboard or if you already have it in the Mini Dashboard but you don't see it expand the widget window.
- Select the first artifact (that could be done in the artifact area on the right)
- Or open a dialog box with the choice of an artifact by clicking on the "..." button, in which you can also select the first artifact and after you press the "OK" button the artifact will be selected
- In the list that appears, select the artifact in the necessary from the available modules
- Then select the required type of the link
- Select the second artifact from the left or through the dialog box and indicate its location
- Click on the "Create Link" button
- If the operation was completed without errors, you will see the following message
This add-on is free of charge for customers who purchased the IBM Jazz solution via Softacus.
Please contact us if you need a different arrangement.
Contact us, Support, Modifications
Also, we are providing custom modifications for our customers. Every Softacus DNG Extension can be modified based on your needs or requirements. We are looking forward to developing a solution for you.