This extension provides a convenient solution for quickly identifying and removing duplicate views from the selected module.)
This extension provides a convenient solution for quickly identifying and removing duplicate views from the selected module. Eliminating duplicate views is a key step in ensuring the integrity and accuracy of software requirements management.
This extension saves time and effort by automating the process of detecting and removing duplicate views. The result is an efficient and streamlined workflow that allows teams to focus on more critical aspects of software development.
Additionally, eliminating duplicate views helps prevent confusion and ensures that all team members have the same view of project requirements.
Use Cases and Features
Based on the functionalities and use cases that this extension is helping you with, we kept the user interface as simple as possible. In the current version of the widget you can find:
- List of views - in the list,the user can choose which duplicates will be deleted
- Search Button - after clicking, the views in the module will be searched
- Delete Button - after clicking, the selected duplicates in the module will be removed
The objective of this extension is to enable users to easily remove duplicate views from their module. The extension identifies all views within the same scope that share the same name and considers them as duplicates. In case a manually created view has the same name as an existing view, the user will be prompted to confirm their action.
The extension facilitates the deletion of duplicate views by allowing the user to select a view from a list of identified duplicates and clicking the "delete" button. Subsequently, all views from this set, except the selected view, will be removed.
The Delete Duplicated Views widget has the following features:
- List of views - Users have the option to execute a search for duplicate views and subsequently receive a comprehensive list of duplicates, sorted in accordance with their creation date.
In case multiple views share the same name, the search results will display only the newest and oldest views, alongside an indication of the total number of views that share the same name.
- Detail of views - Upon hovering the cursor over a view in the list, the extension provides additional details about the view, including its creation date, creator, scope, and whether the view is personal or shared.
- Search Views Button - Clicking on the "Search Views" button, the extension will execute a search for views within the current context, whether it be within the module or its artifacts.
- Delete Duplicates Button -Clicking on the "Delete Duplicates" button, the extension will proceed to remove any identified duplicates.
- Request for confirmation - The extension will prompt the user to confirm their action before proceeding with the deletion of any identified duplicates.
Softacus has developed an extension that quickly detects duplicate views in a module and allows the user to remove them (all within your Mini Dashboard with just one click).
Preconditions and Restrictions
This script is designed to work exclusively within the module. If the user does not meet these prerequisites, the widget displays an informative message.
We, in Softacus, are experts when it comes to consulting and service delivery of IBM software products and solutions in your business. We help our clients to improve visibility and transparency when licensing and managing commercial software, providing measurable value while increasing efficiency and accountability and we are providing services in different areas (see Softacus Services).
IBM ELM extensions developed by Softacus are free of charge for the customers who ordered IBM ELM licenses via Softacus or for the customers who ordered any of our services. If you are interested in any of our IBM ELM extensions, you found a bug or you have any enhancement request, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.