This extension allows users to find all possible terms in the module and automatically make Glossary Term out of it.
This extension enables users to quickly locate and extract all possible terms from a module, and it generates Glossary Terms based on the identified content. These Terms may be seamlessly linked to a term library of choice. By utilizing this extension, our customers can significantly improve their engineering and development workflows in DOORS NG while also improving the overall caliber of their module outputs.
Use Cases and Features
Based on the functionalities and use cases that this extension is helping you with, we kept the user interface as simple as possible. In the current version of the widget you can find:
- Widget information section - section with version, short description and other information about the extension
- Dropdown multichoice selection of configurations to search for Glossary Terms - here you can choose in which configurations you want to search for Glossary Terms
- Case sensitive search checkbox - when checked, the case sensitive search is enabled and widget will create link only for text that is matching exactly (also the capital and not capital letters are considered) the name of Glossary Term
- Main buttons
- Create Glossary Terms button - after the button is pressed, the widget will process all artifacts in the module (if no artifact(s) or view is selected) and will create hyperlink and also OSLC “References Term” base link to Glossary Terms
- Update Glossary Terms button - after the button is pressed, the widget will check existing hyperlinks and OSLC links and if the name of any of the term was changed (e.g.: AMR was renamed to AR), the widget will recognize the change and will update the text of the hyperlink to match the updated term
The utilization of terms is highly advantageous during data migration, as it facilitates a comprehensive understanding of data concepts. Our extension provides users with the ability to conduct a comprehensive search throughout the entire module, thereby identifying any potential terms that may have been overlooked during the initial creation process. With a single click, the extension's script diligently explores the user's entire module, ensuring that all pertinent terms are automatically linked to the relevant concepts via the "References Terms" functionality. This seamless integration of terms significantly enhances the overall clarity and coherence of the data, enabling users to seamlessly navigate and comprehend complex information structures.
The Glossary Terms Creation widget has the following features:
- Automated Term Identification and Linking - This solution enables automated identification of specific text strings within the given text that correspond to predefined terms. Subsequently, it automatically establishes hyperlinks to the identified terms.
- Cross-Project/Component Term Identification - This functionality facilitates the identification of glossary terms within different project areas or components. It allows the linking of artifacts with glossary terms that may be located in separate project areas or components.
- Working with views - In this case, the widget will process only the artifacts in the view, so, it could be that for example you have in module 5 000 artifacts, but in the view you will have only 50 of them and you will save the resources and a processing time.
- Working with the selected artifact - In this case, the widget will process only the selected artifacts. In IBM DOORS Next Generation, you can - at once - select 200 artifacts. If the artifacts are selected after the mini dashboard is opened (the mini dashboard must be pinned, to be not closed during selection), the widget will process only the selected ones.
- Update Artifact from Terms - If Terms changes (i.ie. from "IBM" to "IBM Corp." then the user has the option to Update all artifacts
Softacus has developed a Glossary Terms Creation widget to enable users to quickly locate and extract all possible terms from a module, generating Glossary Terms based on the identified content. This extension significantly improves engineering and development workflows in DOORS NG and enhances the overall caliber of module outputs.
We, in Softacus, are experts when it comes to consulting and service delivery of IBM software products and solutions in your business. We help our clients to improve visibility and transparency when licensing and managing commercial software, providing measurable value while increasing efficiency and accountability and we are providing services in different areas (see Softacus Services).
IBM ELM extensions developed by Softacus are free of charge for the customers who ordered IBM ELM licenses via Softacus or for the customers who ordered any of our services. If you are interested in any of our IBM ELM extensions, you found a bug or you have any enhancement request, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.