Reasons to migrate to IBM Jazz Platform
There are many reasons why to migrate and in rare cases, there are also reasons not to migrate. As a committed IBM business partner we strive to make the migration smooth o on budget and within a reasonable amount of time. Among many advantages which you can gain by migrating to IBM Platform are following the main advantages:
- IBM Jazz is an ALM Platform with greater possibilities for collaboration
- Fully web-based platform
- Full requirements management included (DOORS NG )
- Work items, planning, and defect tracking perfectly integrated
- Source code management included
- Great cross-platform reporting included for free
- IBM is the leader for ALM in the Gartner quadrant for many years
- Flexible cost-effective licensing
- IBM continues to invest the platform together with partners
Usually, migration is done with a mix of IBM and Softacus specialized resources.
Here is a simplified rundown of how the migration service usually works.
- Initial meeting to understands your needs
- Analysis of current way of working and possible improvement already during the migration
- Data analysis and mapping concept
- Decisions what to migrate and what not
- Proof of concept (1-2 weeks)
- Validation of migrated data
- Scooping, price and time estimation, and contract signature
- Project data migration, transformation, cleansing
- Upload to test and then to the production environment
Migration time depends on several factors. This could be a number of objects to be migrated, a number of projects, needed improvements, customization done in HP, amount and complexity of linkages, customized templates, structure & navigation, and availability of resources on both sides (client and Softacus).
Timeframe therefore may vary from 3-15 months.
Request a free migration consultation and learn more about how to ditch your legacy software.