Displaying items by tag: IBM Jazz
Duration: 8-16 hours
IBM Jazz Team Server: V 6.0.6+ and V 7.0+
Type: Instructor-led Classroom
Duration: 8-16 hours
Location: remote or onsite
Language: English, Slovak, Czech
Audience: This course is designed for system administrators, enterprise architects, application managers, database managers, and integration engineers.
Prerequisites: Nice-to-have experience (not mandatory)
- Windows Server and Linux administration
- Software installation and configuration
- Database administration (DB2, Oracle, MSSQL)
- Application server administration
- Application monitoring and troubleshooting
- LDAP authentication
- A reverse proxy server configuration
- SSL certificates
IBM Rational CLM that was recently renamed to IBM ELM since version 7.0+, (IBM Jazz Platform) consists of several interconnected components. The architecture of this platform is complex and it is based on many different technologies. This course provides you with a deeper insight into the architecture of the IBM Jazz platform and its components and integrated applications.
- Jazz Team Server
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (Rational Team Concert)
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (Rational DOORS Next Generation)
- IBM Engineering Test Management (Rational Quality Manager)
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Design Manager (Rational Rhapsody Design Manager) - No longer developed, latest version is 184.108.40.206.
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Model Manager (Rational Rhapsody Model Manager) - From version 7.0+ installed as an extension to EWM.
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager)
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (Rational Publishing Engine Web)
And supporting applications like
- Jazz Reporting Service (Report Builder)
- Global Configuration Management
- Lifecycle Query Engine
- Data Collection Component
- Link Index Provider
- IBM Rational Method Composer WAR files
- Other 3rd Party application
This course gives you knowledge and skills in the installation and configuration of the IBM ELM platform. It also provides you with an insight into the maintenance and upgrade of the system and explains how to troubleshoot raised problems within the platform.
You learn how are the applications connected with each other and how to manage user authentification, authorization, and licensing options.
The creation and connection to the database is explained. The course showcases a deployment of the IBM ELM in the standard environment that consists of a DB2 database and WebSphere Liberty application server.
After completing this course, you are able to:
- Understand the architecture of the Jazz platform
- Understand the purpose of each ELM application
- Understand different deployment topologies and their benefits
- Create databases for each application
- Install ELM applications using IBM Installation Manager on both Windows and Linux servers
- Configure different authentication methods (Basic User Registry and LDAP)
- Understand different licensing options and their benefits
- Understand the difference between license deployments
- Set up licensing server, obtain and import licenses
- Connect data sources to reporting application and deploy pre-defined reports
- Create users and set up user roles and licenses
- Troubleshoot applications - log analysis
- Upgrading to new iFixes (same version updates)
- Upgrading to new platform versions
- Tune the performance (JVM)
- Open IBM case in order to solve problems and further questions
Further, We include our "best practices" which we have developed during our installations for various clients, and answer all the questions you might have during the presentation.
Companies use many different environments and technologies which their infrastructure and system administrators are used. We understand this and We are able to adapt this course based on these technologies and the needs of our clients. If you have any questions or any special requests, please feel free to contact us in order to discuss your proposal.
Contact us to get customized offer for your team. Upon discussion, we can learn you process and include important elements and terms known to your team into the training program.
This short blog aims to describe for customers using IBM Tokens their options for reporting different license usage. This is required for several purposes like:
- check which licenses have been used over time
- check how full is the token used (do you need more or fewer licenses in the future?)
- which department uses the licenses (for departmental cross-charging)
The purpose of this article is to make an overview of options you have when you have a need for reuse of artifacts like requirements, specifications, contracts or event full lifecycle management projects in IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management Platform (IBM Jazz).
This article will be improved several times but the intention is not to describe everything since this is done in the consulting engagement.
IBM DOORS (Classic) was and is a leading requirement management tool for most industries with complex systems. Nowadays, however, customers require many more things from a requirement tool that could not be addressed by DOORS which is using robust and reliable but 25-year-old architecture. Therefore, ten years ago IBM decided to develop DOORS Next Generation which is running on a modern Jazz Platform and together with Rational Team Concert and Rational Quality Manager can satisfy very demanding customer needs as well.
For customers interested in taking advantage of the IBM Jazz Platform, Softacus provides services to migrate from IBM DOORS to IBM DOORS Next Generation.