This extension allows the user to view in which configurations is your module located, create a baseline and check whether the artifact is in each configuration. The script cannot be executed outside of the module.)
This particular extension greatly improves the user experience in the IBM DOORS Next Generation environment by providing an intuitive mechanism for creating module baselines. This tool not only speeds up the creation of baselines of individual modules of your component, but also allows you to maintain an overview of individual module baselines. As a result, users can gain deeper insight into the contextual variations of their module deployment and ensure artifact consistency across configurations while leveraging the seamless and integrated capabilities of IBM DOORS Next Generation.
Use Cases and Features
Based on the functionalities and use cases that this extension is helping you with, we kept the user interface as simple as possible. In the current version of the widget you can find:
- Widget information section - section with version, short description and other informationss about the extension
- List of baselines created by the widget - this section displays a list of module baselines that were created by the widget
- Description and signature of the baseline module - after clicking on the icon, the user will be redirected to the "Manage components and configurations" of the given baseline
- Section dedicated to prefix and description - In this section, the user can fill in the prefix and description of the module baselini
Main Button - after all necessary selections are made this button must be pressed to start an extension
This extension streamlines the process for DNG users to swiftly generate module baselines with minimal interaction. By clicking on a baseline's name, the user effectively shifts the entire configuration to the selected baseline. This approach aims to foster smooth navigation among baselines through a widget-based list, while also mitigating potential errors by disabling certain buttons.
The Module Baselines widget has the following features:
- Consistent Naming Convention - Users can create basic individual modules with a structured naming convention. This means including the module name prefix as ID: NameOfTheModule CustomPostfixfromEntry
- Dynamic Baseline List Management -The list of module baselines remains current and updates as you move between modules, with the most recent baseline at the forefront. This list contains exclusively module baselines created through the widget.
- Accessing Detailed Information - A "Description" button provides direct access to the baseline's Description Area, offering users detailed insights into the baseline's characteristics.
- Electronic Signature Integration - Analogously, the "Signature Button" grants users entry into the "Electronic Signature Area" associated with the chosen baseline, ensuring comprehensive coverage of baseline attributes.
Softacus has developed an innovative extension that profoundly optimizes the process of baseline generation for DNG users while offering seamless and efficient navigation across different baselines.
Preconditions and Restrictions
It is important to note that the script's execution is confined exclusively to the module context, offering enhanced security and accuracy.
We, in Softacus, are experts when it comes to consulting and service delivery of IBM software products and solutions in your business. We help our clients to improve visibility and transparency when licensing and managing commercial software, providing measurable value while increasing efficiency and accountability and we are providing services in different areas (see Softacus Services).
IBM ELM extensions developed by Softacus are free of charge for the customers who ordered IBM ELM licenses via Softacus or for the customers who ordered any of our services. If you are interested in any of our IBM ELM extensions, you found a bug or you have any enhancement request, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.