This software extension resolves such issues by providing DNG users with the ability to view the complete structure of projects without leaving the module in which they are working.)
Within the ELM Jazz platform, users often encounter difficulties in viewing an all-inclusive overview of projects, switching between applications and project components, and navigating within modules. This software extension resolves such issues by providing DNG users with the ability to view the complete structure of projects without leaving the module in which they are working. Specifically, this extension offers a structured overview of all accessible projects, enabling users to navigate from the project level to project components, streams/baselines/change sets, folder level, and individual module level. The extension displays the entire overview to users in a structured and organized format in a mini dashboard. As a result, users can more efficiently manage their projects and improve their overall workflow efficiency.
Use Cases and Features
Based on the functionalities and use cases that this extension is helping you with, we kept the user interface as simple as possible. In the current version of the widget you can find:
- Widget information section - section with version, short description and other informationss about the extension
- Widget settings - in the widget settings, the user can choose the grouping of PAs and components.
- Module content - this section contains an overview of the PA and configuration components in which the user is currently located
Compared to Doors Classic, Doors Next Generation does not offer the same quick overview capabilities for its users in regards to projects and project components. Particularly for DNG users with a significant number of projects on the ELM Jazz platform, navigating within projects and switching between applications and project components can be a challenging and time-consuming task. Softacus has developed a software extension that resolves this issue by allowing users to easily organize within applications and obtain a comprehensive overview of all accessible projects. This extension enables users to navigate from the project level to project components, streams/baselines/change sets, folder level, and individual module level, and presents the information in a space-saving format via a mini dashboard. As a result, DNG users can efficiently manage their projects, and workflow productivity can be improved.
The Project Explorer widget has the following features:
- Management of Multiple Application Servers - The Softacus extension is equipped to manage multiple application servers (such as rm, rm1, ccm, qm, gcm) that may be accessed by a user. This functionality provides users with the flexibility to switch between application servers while still utilizing the extension's full capabilities.
- Caching for Enhanced Focus - To aid customers in maintaining focus on their projects of interest, Softacus has implemented a caching functionality whereby open structures are saved to cache. This feature ensures that frequently accessed information is readily available and can be quickly retrieved by users.
- Jump to Module - Softacus' extension provides users with the ability to navigate through application project areas, component flow folders, and modules with ease. By simply selecting the desired module, users are able to swiftly jump to it, allowing for a seamless and efficient workflow.
- Component Grouping - The Project Explorer widget facilitates the grouping of components by parsing the information included in the component description. By indicating grouping using a specific format such as "[Group A]" within the description, the user's mini dashboard will display the appropriate grouping information.
- Project Areas Grouping - Project Areas can also be grouped based on a similar approach like component grouping. The script reads the information in the description of each Project Area. If the user sorts them into groups, the grouping will be reflected in the user's mini dashboard. The grouping information should be included in the description of the Project Area, for example, [Group A].
Softacus has developed a software extension known as the Project Explorer Widget. This widget enables users to easily organize within applications and obtain a complete overview of all accessible projects. By utilizing this extension, users can efficiently navigate and manage their projects with ease.
Preconditions and Restrictions
This script is designed to work exclusively within the module. If the user does not meet these prerequisites, the widget displays an informative message.
We, in Softacus, are experts when it comes to consulting and service delivery of IBM software products and solutions in your business. We help our clients to improve visibility and transparency when licensing and managing commercial software, providing measurable value while increasing efficiency and accountability and we are providing services in different areas (see Softacus Services).
IBM ELM extensions developed by Softacus are free of charge for the customers who ordered IBM ELM licenses via Softacus or for the customers who ordered any of our services. If you are interested in any of our IBM ELM extensions, you found a bug or you have any enhancement request, please let us know at email@example.com.