This course teaches developers and engineers how to define, develop and configure reporting templates in IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine v6.0 +
Note: As of version 7.0, IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) is renamed to IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (PUB).
IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine is an automated document generation solution that generates documents from Rational products and selected applications from other vendors that use XML and REST interfaces.
This one-day, hands-on class covers the fundamentals of building templates and generate documents using IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE).
This basic course is for:
- Business Analyst
- Systems / Software Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Requirements Engineer
After completing this course, you should be able to use IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) to:
- Install/Configure RPE components
- Use RPE Document Builder to build basic templates for the CLM suite
- Use RPE Launcher component to produce documentation
- Install and configure RPE components - Document Studio and Launcher
- Document Studio overview
- Defining Data Sources
- Using queries to build basic RPE Templates
- Filtering and Sorting Data
- Define report parameters using RPE Variables
- Using RPE styles to format the output
- Launcher overview - report configuration and document generation
Contact us to get customized offer for your team. Upon discussion, we will learn your process and include important elements and terms known to your team into the training program.