This course is intended for developers and engineers that want to build complex documents/reports (e.g. traceability reports) in IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine v6.0 +
Note: As of version 7.0, IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) is renamed to IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (PUB).
IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine is an automated document generation solution that generates documents from Rational products and selected applications from other vendors that use XML and REST interfaces.
This two-day, hands-on class covers the fundamentals of building templates and generate documents using IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE).
This basic course is for:
- Business/Requirements Analyst
- Systems / Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Support/QA Engineer
- Technical Document Author
After completing this course, you should be able to use IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) to:
- Install/Configure RPE components
- Use RPE Document Builder to build complex templates for the CLM suite (and other IBM tools)
- Understand data structure - learn how reportable APIs work
- Design document templates that meet the document generation needs of the company (use external stylesheets)
- Learn how to optimize the document generation process
- Learn how to test&debug templates
- Using multiple data sources inside a template (data source schema discoverability)
- Using RPE elements and queries to build complex RPE Templates
- Link data from different applications using RPE Dynamic Datasource Configuration element
- Requirements (DNG) + Test Cases (QM) + Defects (CCM)
- What is POX? How to use it?
- Using external stylesheets (HTML & WORD) to comply with company formatting rules (including branding)
- Test&Debug templates
- Best practices
- Choosing the right document generation option
- RPE Launcher
- Document Builder (Web Solution)
- CLM applications (Engineering Document Generation)
Contact us to get a customized offer for your team. Upon discussion, we can learn your process and include important elements and terms known to your team into the training program.