This extension shows the attributes and links of the artifact that is currently selected.)
This widget serves the purpose of displaying attributes and links associated with the currently selected artifact within DNG. Its primary function is to enhance the user experience by providing quick access to information that might not be readily available in the standard DNG interface.
Use Cases and Features
Based on the functionalities and use cases that this extension is helping you with, we kept the user interface as simple as possible. In the current version of the widget you can find:
- Widget information section - section with version, short description and other informationss about the extension
- Widget settings - in this section, the user can choose the artifacts that he wants the widget to display
- Attributes of the linked artifact – all selected attributes of the linked artifact will be displayed in this section
- Attributes of the selected artifact – all selected attributes of the selected artifact will be displayed in this section.
This widget aims to address several common challenges faced by DOORS Next Generation users when interacting with artifacts and their associated information. Firstly, it solves the problem of efficiently displaying attributes of the selected artifact. Secondly, it addresses the issue of accessing linked artifacts. DNG users often need to navigate through complex linkages between artifacts to access related information. Lastly, this extension provides flexibility and customization options. Users can tailor the widget to meet their specific needs.
The Show Attributes of Linked Artifacts widget has the following features:
- Attributes Display - The widget allows users to view attributes of the currently selected artifact. Users can choose to display specific attributes, including those not typically visible in the module view, enabling tailored presentations of artifact information.
- Linked Artifact Preview - When a module artifact is selected, the extension retrieves and presents the rich text content of linked artifacts in a mini-dashboard format. Users can quickly access linked content without navigating to each individual artifact, saving time and effort.
- Customizable Link Types - Users can specify which link types they want to see in the mini-dashboard, providing flexibility in managing and displaying linked artifacts. This feature ensures that users only see the links that are relevant to their current task or project.
- Attribute Selection - The widget allows users to choose which attributes of linked artifacts are displayed, including the primary text. This customization empowers users to focus on the specific information they need, improving information retrieval and analysis.
Softacus has developed the SAOLA (Show Attributes of Linked Artifacts) widget to address common challenges faced by DOORS Next Generation (DNG) users. This widget solves the problem of accessing linked artifacts by retrieving and presenting rich text content from linked artifacts in a mini-dashboard format, saving users time and effort.
Preconditions and Restrictions
This script is designed to work exclusively within the module. If the user does not meet these prerequisites, the widget displays an informative message.
We, in Softacus, are experts when it comes to consulting and service delivery of IBM software products and solutions in your business. We help our clients to improve visibility and transparency when licensing and managing commercial software, providing measurable value while increasing efficiency and accountability and we are providing services in different areas (see Softacus Services).
IBM ELM extensions developed by Softacus are free of charge for the customers who ordered IBM ELM licenses via Softacus or for the customers who ordered any of our services. If you are interested in any of our IBM ELM extensions, you found a bug or you have any enhancement request, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.