Displaying items by tag: ibm
Duration: 8-16 hours
IBM Jazz Team Server: V 6.0.6+ and V 7.0+
Type: Instructor-led Classroom
Duration: 8-16 hours
Location: remote or onsite
Language: English, Slovak, Czech
Audience: This course is designed for system administrators, enterprise architects, application managers, database managers, and integration engineers.
Prerequisites: Nice-to-have experience (not mandatory)
- Windows Server and Linux administration
- Software installation and configuration
- Database administration (DB2, Oracle, MSSQL)
- Application server administration
- Application monitoring and troubleshooting
- LDAP authentication
- A reverse proxy server configuration
- SSL certificates
IBM Rational CLM that was recently renamed to IBM ELM since version 7.0+, (IBM Jazz Platform) consists of several interconnected components. The architecture of this platform is complex and it is based on many different technologies. This course provides you with a deeper insight into the architecture of the IBM Jazz platform and its components and integrated applications.
- Jazz Team Server
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (Rational Team Concert)
- IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (Rational DOORS Next Generation)
- IBM Engineering Test Management (Rational Quality Manager)
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Design Manager (Rational Rhapsody Design Manager) - No longer developed, latest version is 18.104.22.168.
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody - Model Manager (Rational Rhapsody Model Manager) - From version 7.0+ installed as an extension to EWM.
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager)
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (Rational Publishing Engine Web)
And supporting applications like
- Jazz Reporting Service (Report Builder)
- Global Configuration Management
- Lifecycle Query Engine
- Data Collection Component
- Link Index Provider
- IBM Rational Method Composer WAR files
- Other 3rd Party application
This course gives you knowledge and skills in the installation and configuration of the IBM ELM platform. It also provides you with an insight into the maintenance and upgrade of the system and explains how to troubleshoot raised problems within the platform.
You learn how are the applications connected with each other and how to manage user authentification, authorization, and licensing options.
The creation and connection to the database is explained. The course showcases a deployment of the IBM ELM in the standard environment that consists of a DB2 database and WebSphere Liberty application server.
After completing this course, you are able to:
- Understand the architecture of the Jazz platform
- Understand the purpose of each ELM application
- Understand different deployment topologies and their benefits
- Create databases for each application
- Install ELM applications using IBM Installation Manager on both Windows and Linux servers
- Configure different authentication methods (Basic User Registry and LDAP)
- Understand different licensing options and their benefits
- Understand the difference between license deployments
- Set up licensing server, obtain and import licenses
- Connect data sources to reporting application and deploy pre-defined reports
- Create users and set up user roles and licenses
- Troubleshoot applications - log analysis
- Upgrading to new iFixes (same version updates)
- Upgrading to new platform versions
- Tune the performance (JVM)
- Open IBM case in order to solve problems and further questions
Further, We include our "best practices" which we have developed during our installations for various clients, and answer all the questions you might have during the presentation.
Companies use many different environments and technologies which their infrastructure and system administrators are used. We understand this and We are able to adapt this course based on these technologies and the needs of our clients. If you have any questions or any special requests, please feel free to contact us in order to discuss your proposal.
Contact us to get customized offer for your team. Upon discussion, we can learn you process and include important elements and terms known to your team into the training program.
In Doors NG there are three types of templates - Project Area Template, Module Template, and Artifact Template. All of these templates can be managed on the project administration Templates page.
Config. Management enabled = Manage Component Properties --> Templates --> Component or Artifact Templates (in the left sidebar)
Config. Management disabled= Manage Project Properties --> Templates --> Project or Artifact Templates (in the left sidebar)
Softacus was a Sponsor of SWISSED20 - an Annual Symposium of the Swiss Systems Engineering Society - which was held this year as a hybrid event comprising of the real conference and virtual content.
The script is finding strings in the primary text of the module artifacts and replaces them either with pictures or with the artifacts of your choice. The embedded artifacts and pictures can also be automatically linked (via base artifact) with a link of your choice.
Explanation and features
- Ability to embed artifacts into the primary text of another artifact
- Ability to embed pictures into the primary text of another artifact
- Ability to link embedded artifact/pictures based on customer's choice
Explanation of version 1:
- Request was to replace each "figure" with picture and "ref" with artifact
- This was all done by searching pictures in 3 folders with specific attributes that match each "figure" or "ref"
- The script then finds each picture and artifact, embeds it and creates "Embeds" base link
Explanation of version 2:
- Request was to embed "RV", which are artifacts, from one module to another
- User collects all "RV"s in first module using button Collect RV, then clicking Embed button in second module
- This has worked based on custom attributes aswell as creating base artifact link "Embeds"
- The script cannot be executed outside of the module
How to use this extension
- Open Module in Doors NG Component
- After opening, a button appears. Upon clicking on it, the script will do all the work.
This add-on is free of charge for customers who purchased the IBM Jazz solution via Softacus.
Please contact us if you need a different arrangement.
Contact us, Support, Modifications
Also, we are providing custom modifications for our customers. Every Softacus DNG Extension can be modified based on your needs or requirements. We are looking forward to developing a solution for you.
Worksoft Certify® is the industry’s first automated codeless testing solution built specifically for non-technical users to test end-to-end business processes at an enterprise scale. Built to test complex processes that span multiple applications and integrate into modern-day DevOps toolchains, Certify ensures that not only your software works but that your business works. Certify automates the testing of your exact business processes across all your enterprise applications, including Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Ariba, Workday, SuccessFactors, Siebel, Manhattan, ServiceNow, and many others. This happens seamlessly and as fast as the underlying applications can operate, so you can validate business processes in record time with perfect reliability and consistency. When you integrate your IBM® Engineering Test Management with Worksoft Certify®, you increase your automation capabilities while extending your existing test and validation processes.
Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) is a set of specifications that simplifies the tool integration across the software delivery lifecycle. OSLC enables the creation of large-scale and easily maintainable integrations in a diverse tools environment. Tools that use OSLC specifications can more easily maintain tool integrations from different vendors.
This article aims to help the user with the process of deploying templates to the DOORS Next Generation.
The official procedure is described by IBM here:
In brief, you can deploy the template to DOORS NG easily steps:
- Test the code of smart products, which might have hundreds of thousands or millions of lines of code, for defects.
- Reduce the cost of code defects by identifying them earlier in the development process.
- Mitigate increasing product complexity by tackling quality challenges earlier in the development process.
- Improve efficiency by breaking down the divisions between engineering departments.
- Enables traceability of requirements through test.
- Improves collaboration between product development and quality assurance teams.
- Improves testing efficiency by integrating world-class testing technologies.
- Enhances quality management through dashboarding of test execution.
Version Control And Configuration Management
But the force of Rational Team Concert is especially perceptible when you apply the tool for managing the versions of whole repositories but not single files only. You will save your artifacts in one or many components, fix the status of the components with snapshots and baselines. As a result of this, you will be able to restore the state of your project to a point how it was any time before. The flexibility of streams allows you to develop the software products in parallel, start any research where the results aren't clear still and avoid mixing them with the project artifacts, urgently fix any defects in the final phase of testing, and continue the development in parallel without any breaks and unexpected impacts.